Appointment and Patient Policy
We operate primarily by scheduled appointment. However, emergency situations will always receive top priority and might delay a scheduled appointment.
For their safety and the safety of other animals, please bring your pets to our office on leash, or in a carrier.
Atlantic Veterinary Hospital Memorial Brick Program
We would like to share with our clients, friends and family the opportunity to leave a lasting memorial to your pet by purchasing a brick for our walk-way. Order forms and information are available at the front desk.
What is an emergency?
An emergency is an acute situation, critical or life threatening, requiring immediate attention by a veterinarian.
- Trauma/shock/broken bones from an accident or serious injury
- Profuse, uncontrollable bleeding
- Breathing difficulty/anaphylactic shock
- Collapse/heat stroke
- Allergic reactions
- Bloat (evidenced by drooling, pacing, non-productive vomiting, swollen abdomen)
- Severe diarrhea and/or persistent vomiting
- Seizures (particularly those recurring repeatedly)
- Inability to urinate
If your pet experiences any of these problems call our main number (781-631-8881) immediately.
Please note: If you are a client and it is between the hours of 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM, our answering service will page the on-call Veterinarian.
- Poisoning ***If you believe your pet has ingested something poisonous, do not wait for symptoms to occur. Call the National Animal Poison Control Center immediately at 1-800-548-2423 or 1-888-232-8870. If possible, have the ingredients of the poisonous substance available. The NAPCC will instruct you as to what to do. Please have a credit card number available, as there is a charge for their assistance
Please do not wait for a minor problem to become a major one. If you think your pet is not feeling well, call us during our regular business hours.
- Vetcision: 781-810-1010 (Waltham)
- Mass Veterinary Referral Hospital: 781-932-5802 (Woburn)
- Angell Animal Medical Center: 617-522-7282 (Boston)
Interested in Veterinary Medicine
We require full payment at the time of service. For your convenience, we accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Debit cards, cash and personal checks.
Care-Credit is a no/low cost line of credit and applications are available on-line or call 800-677-0718 for more information.